Cultural and language café – Helsinki Early Music Festival
Date and timeTue 5.10.2021, at 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The cultural and language café organised by FiBO and the Nordic Culture Point brings Norwegian and Swedish musicians to Kanneltalo Stage to discuss collaboration between Nordic baroque orchestras.
At the language café, participants can practise speaking Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish with a native speaker. Everyone is welcome, from beginners and speakers with more experience to native speakers.
How the language café works:
• Every language (Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish) has its own table, which is marked with the flag of the country in question.
• There are two native speakers sitting at each table – one will practise the language with beginners, while the other will speak with more experienced speakers.
• Everyone is welcome, from beginners to more experienced speakers and native speakers.
• There will be informal and casual talk in each of the Nordic languages at the tables. Participants can also talk about the language itself or learn basic vocabulary and phrases. The tables may also feature games or other language exercises.
• Everyone can take part in the language café according to their own schedule within the set timeframe, and participants can sit at each of the tables for as long as they want. Participants may also switch tables and learn more than one Nordic language.
Duration: 2 h
Language: Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish