City dances in Sitratori – Walking humppa
Date and timeMon 26.7.2021, at 5:30 p.m.
In the summer of 2021, partner dances will be learned again as part of the cultural offering of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area!
The 22nd summer of city dances will start in June, bringing free dance sessions to delight and refresh the lives of the residents of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area. You can join any time. No advance registration is required. Due to the prevailing situation, several special arrangements will be in place for the city dance sessions in 2021 – see below for safety instructions for participants.
The teaching locations are Kannelmäki, Annantalo (Kamppi), Tapiola, Itäkeskus, Malmi, Vuosaari, the Market Square and Leppävaara. Furthermore, children’s city dance events will be held in Järvenperä (Children’s Cultural Centre Aurora) in Espoo on four Tuesdays in August. The first dance session of the summer will be held in Kannelmäki on Mon 7 June 2021. The more detailed programme will be published in May.
The teaching will be provided by trained dance teachers.
Safety instructions for participants in the summer of 2021:
The health of the dancers and teachers is of the utmost importance to us. To make the dance events comfortable and safe, we ask all participants to take the following into account:
– A maximum of 49 participants will be admitted in order of arrival.
– You can learn the steps either with your own partner or solo.
– Please keep safe distances!
– Please skip the dance session if you have even minor cold symptoms.
– The sessions will be held weather permitting.
– Hand sanitiser will be available on site, but each participant may bring their own bottle of hand sanitiser if they wish.
The instructions will be specified as necessary.
Duration: 45 min
The comprehensive city dance programme for the summer of 2021 is available on the website of Dance Theatre Tsuumi.